Selly Manor dates back to the 15th century, but at the end of the 20th century, it had fallen into disrepair.
In 1907, chocolate maker George Cadbury, saved it from demolition and decided to move it into his new village of Bournville, less than 1 mile away.
He used the architect William Alexander Harvey to oversee its move, and in 1916 it opened to the public as a museum.
Next to it is a magnificent cruck-framed medieval hall house, Minworth Greaves which is used for events, activities and weddings.
Selly Manor has a fabulous collection of oak furniture, Tudor costumes to dress up in, armour to try on and games to play. We have a popular education programme and can give guided tours and talks for groups. Please contact us for further details.
To find out more about our events programme. Check out our calendar of events to find out what’s on.